Air Quality Prediction Research
- Understanding, observing, modeling and forecasting air quality and composition in the developed vs. developing world
- Understanding the interactions between natural and anthropogenic emissions
- Extreme events: Heat waves and wildfires
Interactions between Chemistry and the Climate/Weather System
- Ozone and oxidants
- Production, properties and lifetimes of atmospheric aerosols
- Upper Troposphere – Lower Stratosphere processes, including convective transport and stratosphere-troposphere exchange
- The role of the middle atmosphere in climate
The foundational science within ACOM is built upon ACCORD (Atmospheric Chemistry Center for Observational Research and Data), Remote Sensing Observations and Atmospheric Chemistry Modeling.
Integrating activities are based on process studies,
field campaigns and chemical data assimilation.