IUGG 28th General Assembly
- Modeling multiscale chemistry and aerosols associated with convective transport in the Asian Summer Monsoon by Mary Barth
WRF/MPAS Users Workshop 2023
- What’s new with the Multiscale Infrastructure for Chemistry and Aerosols (MUSICA) Development by Mary Barth
CESM Workshop 2023
- Modeling Air Quality with Variable Resolution in CESM by Louisa Emmons
- Evaluation of Ozone and its Precursors Using Multi-Scale Infrastructure for Chemistry and Aerosols (MUSICA) during the Michigan-Ontario Ozone Source Experiment (MOOSE) by Noribeth Mariscol
- Comparison of urban air quality simulations during the KORUS-AQ campaign with regionally refined vs global uniform grids in the Multi-Scale Infrastructure for Chemistry and Aerosols (MUSICA) Version 0 by Duseong Jo
iCACGP - IGAC Conference 2022
Abstracts can be found at : https://www.icacgp-igac-2022.org/
- Vertical Transport of Trace Gases and Aerosols: Contrasting WRF-Chem, CAMchem and MUSICAv0 Results with Field Campaign Observations by Mary Barth.
- Regional-scale modeling in a global model with MUSICAv0: MUlti-Scale Infrastructure for Chemistry and Aerosols by Louisa Emmons.
- Application of the Multi-Scale Infrastructure for Chemistry and Aerosols (MUSICA) over Africa by Wenfu Tang.
- Air pollution simulation in South America using the Multi-Scale Infrastructure for Chemistry and Aerosols (MUSICA) model by Sergio Ibarra-Espinosa.
- Multi-scale Modeling Over Australia for the 2019/2020 Extreme Wildfire Season by Rebecca Buchholz.
- Simulations of Air Quality in South America: effects of boundary conditions and model intercomparison by Pablo Lichtig.
CESM Workshop 2022
- Recent developments in MUSICA by Louisa Emmons.
- Evaluations of Model Simulated Ozone and its Precursors in MUSICA-V0 Against In-situ and Airborne Measurements over CONUS by Noribeth Mariscal.
- Comparing the regional-scale model variability of MUSICA with a regional model (WRF-Chem) over CONUS by Wenfu Tang.
- Influence of Asian Summer Monsoon Eastward Shedding Events on Upper Tropospheric Chemical Composition by Doug Kinnison and Jun Zhang.
- Evaluating the representation of the Asian summer monsoon UTLS composition in CESM using airborne in situ observations by Ren Smith.
Joint WRF / MPAS Users’ Workshop 2022
- What is MUSICA? How does MUSICA compare to WRF-Chem? And going to higher resolution by Wenfu Tang.
AeroCom / AeroSAT Workshop 2022
- On October 10-14, 2022 Michael Schulz (U. of Oslo), Alma Hodzic (NCAR), and collaborators organized two 2-hr sessions during the AeroCom workshop to discuss ideas and foster collaborations for the development of community aerosol-chemistry interfaces within weather and climate models. The meeting sought to engage the European aerosol modeling community in the effort of building the GeneralIzed Aerosol/chemistry iNTerface (GIANT) project that has been started in the US.
- Participants reviewed the existing solutions used to separate aerosol code from host models, and identified the need to build stand-alone libraries of aerosol modules, well-defined interfaces between aerosol modules and host models, and unit and science testing to provide both portable and robust aerosol code.
- The next steps will consist of developing software engineering solutions, unit testing, and organizing additional Hackathons withing the GIANT project.
IGAC Conference 2021
- MUSICA Overview (presented by Louisa Emmons)
- Forrest Lacey: Importance of model complexity on modeling ambient air quality and the resulting health impacts
- Wenfu Tang: Effects of fire diurnal variation and plume rise on U.S. air quality during FIREX-AQ
- Duseong Jo: Effects of grid resolution on urban air quality simulation with MUSICAv0
Poster at MAC-MAQ 2021:
- Gabriele Pfister: MUSICA - Modeling for Chemistry, Weather and Climate
Poster for Undergraduate Research Summer Program 2021:
- Joana Olsen (U. Wyoming): MusicBox in the Curriculum
Presentation at the Atmospheric Chemical Mechanisms conference, November 2020:
- Louisa Emmons: MUSICA overview
Please direct questions/comments about this page to: