ACOM Community Models
ACOM builds, critically evaluates and applies process, regional- and global-scale models that address atmospheric chemistry research questions, with a focus on couplings between different components of the Earth system (water cycle, biosphere, cryosphere). This section provides the necessary modeling tools to address the following scientific challenges.
Global Chemistry Modeling
Assessments and Intercomparisons
ACOM participates in numerous model assessments and model intercomparison projects:
- CCMI: Chemistry-Climate Model Initiative Click for CCMI Output.
- ACCMIP: Atmospheric Chemistry and Climate Model Intercomparison Project - ACP & GMD Special Issue
- AEROCOM: Aerosol Comparisons between Observations and Models (CAM-chem included in Tsigaridis et al., 2014)
- GeoMIP: Geoengineering MIP
- POLMIP: POLARCAT Model Intercomparison
- HEPPA-MMI: Model Measurement Intercomparison working group for High Energy Particle Precipitation in the Atmosphere
- Aircraft Climatology