Tools for Processing Model Input and Output
- PyNIO, the Python Nio module for reading and writing NetCDF.
- NCL: a free interpreted computer language developed at NCAR meteorological and climatic data processing and visualization.
- NCO: NetCDF Operators (for command-line file processing).
- GEOV: an IDL-based viewer.
- VCDAT: Climate Data Analysis Tools - a Python-based program for viewing and manipulating netcdf files. Additional documentation is available from Lawarence Livermore National Labs.
- Regridder: IDL program to regrid netcdf files, written by Martin Schultz, MPI-Hamburg. It has the option to conserve mass (necessary for regridding emissions) or do a simple interpolation (faster).
Please direct questions/comments about this page to: