Box Model Intercomparison
Objectives of the Box Model Intercomparison:
- Learn how different multiphase chemistry box models compare when aqueous-phase organic chemistry is represented in the models
- Determine whether simple representations of the aqueous organic chemistry are sufficient representation
Outcomes of the Box Model Intercomparison:
To learn how the box models were set up for the intercomparison, see the Conditions of the Simulations document.
A manuscript has been submitted to the Journal of Geophysical Research. Here is an AGU poster that summarizes preliminary results from the intercomparison.
Participants of the Box Model Intercomparison
- Mary Barth (NCAR) using chemistry described in Li et al. (2017)
- Barbara Ervens (NOAA/CSD and U. Colorado/CIRES) using chemistry described in Ervens et al. (2008; 2014)
- Faye McNeill and Will Gang Tsui (Columbia U.) using GAMMA (McNeill et al., 2015)
- Andreas Tilgner and Hartmut Herrmann (TROPOS) using CAPRAMx (Tilgner et al., 2013)
- Laurent Deguillaume and Nadine Chaumerliac (LaMP, U. Blaise-Pascal) using CLEPS (Mouchel-Vallon et al., 2017)
Contact Mary Barth for more information.