AMIGO COVID 2020
9:57 am MDT
AMIGO / IGAC Virtual workshop
Changes in atmospheric composition during the COVID-19 lockdowns
November 3, 2020 - Online via Webcast
AGENDA - with links to presentations
The AMIGO (Analysis of eMIssions using Observations) project of IGAC is organizing an online workshop to discuss the changes in atmospheric composition as derived from surface and satellite observations, and the use of observations to better quantify the changes in emissions related to the lockdowns.
Workshop organizers: Claire Granier (Observatoire Midi-Pyrénées, Université de Toulouse, France and NOAA/ESRL & CU/CIRES, USA), Avelino Arellano (University of Arizona), Jenny Stavrakou (BIRA-IASB, Belgium)
NCAR/ACOM hosts: Louisa Emmons, Bonnie Slagel
The discussions in the workshop will be based on reviews of published studies on:
- The quantification of changes in the distributions of chemical species related to the lockdowns.
- The use of satellite and surface observations to quantify these changes.
- The intercomparison of multiple emission products.
- The changes in emissions using inverse techniques.
The workshop will take place online on 3 November 2020. It will start at:
- 8:00 a.m. U.S. Mountain Standard Time (Boulder, CO, USA)
- 3:00 p.m. UTC / GMT
- 4:00 p.m. Paris, Berlin, Madrid
- 8:30 p.m. Delhi
- 11:00 p.m. Beijing
The duration of the workshop will be about 2 hours 20 min. It will include two sessions with oral presentations (invited speakers only) followed by Q&A.
Please direct questions/comments about this page to: